The Gospel of Mark – Wk. 1
Faith Talk Questions
- Talk about a time when you heard, said or read a shocking statement? Do you typically think about Mk. 1:1 as this kind of statement?
- What does the word “gospel” mean and how would it have been understood in the Roman culture of the day of Mark’s writing?
- What does it mean Jesus to be the “Christ”?
- Why is Mark’s identifying Jesus as the “Son of God” such a big claim during the time of his writing?
- What does it mean to “repent” and what kind of belief is Jesus requiring in Mk. 1:15?
- What does your response (between the two mentioned in the sermon) need to be to the message of the gospel?