Series: New City Catechism
Title: How and Why Did God Create Us?
Text: Genesis 1:27
Read the Question
How and why did God create us?
Read (Aloud Together) the Answer
God created us male and female in His own image to know Him, love Him, live with Him and glorify Him. And it is fitting that we, who were created by God, should live to His glory.
Read the Scripture
Read Genesis 1:27.
Read the Devotion
Take time to read the devotional commentary in the book, website, or app.
Discuss the Following Questions:
- Who created us? Why is that important to know?
- In what ways did God create us distinct?
- What does it mean to be created in the image of God?
- If all of humanity is created in the image of God, what does that mean for how we interact/treat them?
- Sin fractured the image of God, how is it restored?
- For what purpose did God create us?
- Knowing what you know now about how and why God created us, what is one thing in your life that needs to change?
Memorize: As you conclude your time, take a minute to read the question and answer again. If you are seeking to memorize them, you may want to repeat this several more times. Take time each day this week to work on memorizing these important truths.
Take a few minutes to pray, thanking God that He created you in His image with a great purpose.