For this series, we are going to use The New City Catechism as our guide for Faith Talks. If you have not already done so, you can download the app at www.newcitycatechism.comor purchase the books in the Legacy Resource Center. The additional devotional thoughts and resources for each week are available in these resources.
**Gather the family, find a quiet place alone, or get with a friend, spouse, or your LifeGroup and do the following**
NCC #1: What is Our Only Hope in Life & Death?
Read the Question
What is our only hope in life and death?
Read (Aloud Together) the Answer
That we are not our own but belong, body and soul, both in life and death, to God and to our Savior Jesus Christ.
Read the Scripture
Read Romans 14:7-8
Read the Devotion
Take time to read the devotional commentary in the book, website, or app.
Discuss the Following Questions:
- How would you define “hope?” What does it mean to have hope in “life and death?”
- What are examples of some things people put their hope in?
- Why does what we put our hope in matter so much to our lives?
- What does it mean to “belong” to God?
- How does this give us hope?
- How should we live differently knowing that we “belong” to God?
- What is one way you can live differently this week?
Memorize: As you conclude your time, take a minute to read the question and answer again. If you are seeking to memorize them, you may want to repeat this several more times. Take time each day this week to work on memorizing these important truths.
Take a few minutes to pray, thanking God that you are his and asking Him to help you live for Him in everything you do.