Spring Midweek Wednesdays, 6:30pm-8pm
- Women: Live Full, Walk Free: Set Apart in a Sin-Soaked World. Led by Jenny Rampy in the Fellowship Hall. Cost $10
- Men’s Session 2: Act Like Men. Led by Max Tucker in Room A219. Starts Feb 28. Cost $13 Register today at bayarea.church/midweek
- Adults: How People Change. Led by Stacy Hale and Stephanie Alban in Room A204. Cost $15
- Living Water 201: Led by Gennie Westbrook in Room A208. Cost $10
- Kid’s Life: 2 yr.-6th grade in Building A and Building C
- Students: 7-12th grade, led by Kade Pierce in the Student Center
- Compelled: College students and young singles led by Donny and Debi Foreman in A218
Women’s Social: Cookies,Coffee & Conversation. Join our Midweek ladies for a night of fun, food, and fellowship on March 7 at 6:30pm in the Fellowship Hall. Bring your favorite dessert to share.
Find the Hope: Sunday, March 4 from 6-8pm at Friendswood Junior High Auditorium. This is a free suicide prevention event for 6th graders through adults. More information can be found at http://find-the-hope.org/
First Monday Prayer Meeting: Monday, March 5, at Noon in the Equip Conference Room on the second floor of the Preschool Building.
Senior Connection: March 8, 10:30am in the Student Center Café. Potluck luncheon for our Senior Adults who are 55 yrs. and older. Senior Connection meets every first and third Thursday of the month for devotionals, fellowship, and activities.
Purity4Life will be held THIS Saturday, February 24, 9am-2pm. This is an event for parents and students to come together to focus on the importance of accountability, healthy friendships, and biblical standards for purity. The cost is $15 per family and lunch is included. Details and registration can be found at www.bayarea.church/purity4life. Registration will close on Wednesday at midnight, so don’t delay!
PRIME OPPORTUNITIES: Want to share GOD’s LOVE with Kids? We are in search of committed leaders who understand that Kids Matter to God and are worth the investment. Whether it’s rocking a baby, teaching a memory verse while flinging foam hearts in a parachute or discussing a “Big God” question with a Preteen – YOU can make an eternal difference in our ministry – and WE NEED YOU! Here are a few ways you may choose to serve NOW:
- We are opening NEW CLASSES in March 2018 at 9:30 and 11am. Young 2’s LifeGroups (kids who turned 2 after 9/1/17) will need excellent team members to invest in them and share the love Jesus has for them. At 9:30am you may choose to serve weekly or month on/month off. At 11am you would alternate every other month with another secured team. Help us stay on track and open these classes on time and with excellence.
- Our 3 yr old classes are looking for exceptional team members to serve at 9:30 or 11am. It’s imperative that we secure team members and avoid combining classes. The best teaching moments happen when the class size is appropriate. We email lessons weekly and provide all supplies needed. You focus on preparing your heart and connecting with kids and their parents.
- KidMin Desk Attendants are needed at 9:30 and 11am. If you want to support KidMin but prefer not to serve in a classroom, this may be the perfect place for you! Friendly, welcoming team members are needed. Computer knowledge is extremely helpful as we help families check in and we’re willing to train! Help strengthen our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to this link on our website: https://bayarea.church/go/.
“Blessing the Bay Area / Eight Days of Hope”: Mark your calendars for this unique opportunity to serve the 4B Area. As a part of the 4B Disaster Response Network, our church is partnering with a ministry called, “Eight Days of Hope.” March 10-24 we will be participating in the largest rebuild effort in the history of the United States as we attempt to rebuild approximately 600 to 800 homes in the 4B area. Thousands of volunteers are needed to carry out these projects and while many will come from all over the country, we need to mobilize our church to participate in a significant way. Please consider serving at least 3 days during the March 10-24 time frame. Those do not have to be consecutive days (i.e. one Saturday, one Sunday afternoon and the next Saturday would work). Instead of our usual annual “Blessing the Bay Area” spring event, this year we are joining this unique project to have a greater impact on our communities. We are encouraging LifeGroups to serve together when possible. This is a “family friendly” event but you MUST register to participate. For more information and to register, go to: http://www.eightdaysofhope.com/volunteer.
2018 Middle East Mission Trips: Those interested in the possibility of joining one of our 2018 Mission Trips to the Middle East should contact John Eckeberger at john.eckeberger@bayareachurch as soon as possible. Each of our three teams are nearing capacity so please do not hesitate if you have any interest in participating.
Worship Choir Rehearsal: Worship Choir meets on the first Wednesday of every month in the Green Room, beginning at 7pm. During this time, we will sing through new music for our worship services. You do not have to be a church member to attend rehearsal, everyone is welcome!
Bay Area Worship Live – “Great I Am” CD is available for purchase at the Legacy Resource Center. Digital copies available online at iTunes and other online distributors.
For more information: Visit us at www.bayarea.church/worshipministry or like us on Facebook -Bay Area Worship Ministry.
Worship Platform Interest Meeting: If you are interested in being on the Platform we require that you attend a Worship Platform Interest Meeting. Our next meeting is scheduled for April 8, 2018 after the second service in the Green Room. We only hold these twice a year so please be sure to register and attend. Please register online at www.bayarea.church/worshipministry.
Deacons of the Week for February 18 – February 24 Please call the deacon of the week if you have a ministry need. This week please contact Dave Brown at 281.538.1510, Ed Nwankwo at 214.417.3850, or Brian McCabe 281.704.5875.