Church Office is closed March 30 for Good Friday.
Easter Weekend Services:
Good Friday Evening Service – Friday, March 30 at 7:00pm. Children Classes: birth through 2nd grade.
Resurrection Sunday – Sunday, April 1, there will be 3 services at 8:30am, 9:45am and 11:00am. LifeGroups will not meet so that families can worship together. Children’s Classes: birth through 4 yrs. olds.
Spring Midweek: No Midweek March 14 due to Spring Break
- Women Session 2: Live Full, Walk Free: Set apart in a Sin-Soaked World Led by Jenny Rampy in the Fellowship Hall. Start March 7. Cost $10. Register today at bayarea.church/midweek.
- Men’s Session 2: Act Like Men. Led by Max Tucker in Room A219. Cost $13
- Adults: How People Change. Led by Stacy Hale and Stephanie Alban in Room A204. Cost $15
- Living Water 201: Led by Gennie Westbrook in Room A208. Cost $10
- Kid’s Life: 2 yr.-6th grade in Building A and Building C
- Students: 7-12th grade, led by Kade Pierce in the Student Center
- Compelled: College students and young singles led by Donny and Debi Foreman in A218
Women’s Event: “Overcoming Loss” Monday, April 9 at 6:30pm in the Worship Center. Guest speakers, Angela Haynes and Lesli Westfall. Dessert & coffee served and conversation on how to overcome loss. Invite your family and friends. Register today at bayarea.church/women. Ticket cost is $10.
ServeLink: Check out the TOP FOUR ways we’re asking you to serve on Sunday mornings: Kids, Student, Connection, and Tech Arts. To find out more about how you can serve in one of these areas you can: Go to the ServeLink Table in the lobby. Go to www.bayarea.church/go, or download the Bay Area Church app and click serve.
First Monday Prayer Meeting: First Monday of each month at Noon in the Equip Conference Room on the second floor of the Preschool Building.
NO Student Midweek this week due to Spring Break.
Parents, if your child has an interest in going on a summer trip with Student Ministry, please make plans to stay immediately following the 11:00am worship service on Sunday, March 25, for an informational meeting in the student worship center. Kade and Aly will cover NEW requirements for this year’s trips, as well as costs, registration procedures, and deadlines. A light lunch will be served, but we will not be able to provide lunch or childcare for younger siblings. If you have any questions, please contact the student ministry office.
Milestone Two: “Gospel Foundations” Class (for 1st – 6th grade kids and one or both parents); Wednesday, March 21, 6:30-8pm; Equip Conference room – “H” Building. An important milestone in the life of every person is salvation and baptism. For the child growing up in a Christian home and in the context of a local church, a decision point is often reached between the ages of 7 and 11. This decision may also occur later in life. Between Milestone 1 and Milestone 2, we partner with and equip parents to lead their kids toward a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, which leads toward salvation. Parents are encouraged to attend a specially designed class with their kids that teaches the biblical truth about salvation and baptism, and are equipped and given resources to lead family devotions in their homes where these principles are taught. To make this milestone steps memorable and special, families can include a Spiritual Birthday which focuses on the child’s date of salvation and a family celebration at and following the child’s baptism event. Parents are encouraged to invite family, friends, and those who spiritually influence the child. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for the Milestone 2 class by Sunday, March 18.
PRIME OPPORTUNITIES: Want to share GOD’s LOVE with Kids? We are in search of committed leaders who understand that Kids Matter to God and are worth the investment. Whether it’s rocking a baby, teaching a memory verse while flinging foam hearts in a parachute or discussing a “Big God” question with a Preteen – YOU can make an eternal difference in our ministry – and WE NEED YOU! Here are a few ways you may choose to serve NOW:
- We are opening NEW CLASSES in March 2018 at 9:30 and 11am. Young 2’s LifeGroups (kids who turned 2 after 9/1/17) will need excellent team members to invest in them and share the love Jesus has for them. At 9:30am you may choose to serve weekly or month on/month off. At 11am you would alternate every other month with another secured team. Help us stay on track and open these classes on time and with excellence.
- Our 3 yr old classes are looking for exceptional team members to serve at 9:30 or 11am. It’s imperative that we secure team members and avoid combining classes. The best teaching moments happen when the class size is appropriate. We email lessons weekly and provide all supplies needed. You focus on preparing your heart and connecting with kids and their parents.
- KidMin Desk Attendants are needed at 9:30 and 11. If you want to support KidMin but prefer not to serve in a classroom, this may be the perfect place for you! Friendly, welcoming team members are needed. Computer knowledge is extremely helpful as we help families check in and we’re willing to train! Help strengthen all these teams by registering on serveLINK on our website: https://bayarea.church/go/.
Senior Connection: March 15, 10:30am in the Student Center Café. Potluck luncheon for our Senior Adults who are 55 yrs. and older. Senior Connection meets every first and third Thursday of the month for devotionals, fellowship, and activities.
Blessing the Bay Area / Eight Days of Hope: Pray for over 4,700 volunteers from all 50 states and 3 foreign countries who are serving families in the 4B Area for the next 16 days. We are rebuilding approximately 750 homes, three churches and a Little League Complex in Dickinson. Coordinated through the “4B Disaster Response Network,” a coalition of 35+ area churches, this is the largest rebuild event in U.S. history!
2018 Middle East Mission Trips: Those interested in the possibility of joining one of our 2018 Mission Trips to the Middle East should contact John Eckeberger at john.eckeberger@bayareachurch as soon as possible. Each of our three teams are nearing capacity so please do not hesitate if you have any interest in participating.
Worship Choir Rehearsal: Worship Choir meets on the first Wednesday of every month in the Green Room, beginning at 7pm. You do not have to be a church member to attend rehearsal, everyone is welcome!
Bay Area Worship Live – “Great I Am” CD is available for purchase at the Legacy Resource Center. Digital copies available online at iTunes and other online distributors.
For more information: Visit us at www.bayarea.church/worshipministry or like us on Facebook -Bay Area Worship Ministry.
Worship Platform Interest Meeting: If you are interested in being on the Platform we require that you attend a Worship Platform Interest Meeting. Our next meeting is scheduled for April 8, 2018 after the second service in the Green Room. We only hold these twice a year so please be sure to register and attend. Please register online at www.bayarea.church/worshipministry.
Deacons of the Week for March 11 – March 17 Please call the deacon of the week if you have a ministry need. This week please contact Ray Suffron at 281.338.1941, David Westbrook at 361.676.6997 or Bud Goza at 281.482.6149.