Series: New City Catechism
Title: What Hope Does Everlasting Life Hold For Us?
Text: Revelation 21:1-4
For this series, we are going to use The New City Catechism as our guide for Faith Talks. If you have not already done so, you can download the app at www.newcitycatechism.com or purchase the books in the Legacy Resource Center. The additional devotional thoughts and resources for each week are available in these resources.
Gather the family, find a quiet place alone, or get with a friend, spouse, or your LifeGroup and do the following:
Read the Question: What hope does everlasting life hold for us?
Read (Aloud Together) the Answer: It reminds us that this present fallen world is not all there is; soon we will live with and enjoy God forever in the new city, in the new heaven and new earth, where we will be fully and forever freed from all sin and will inhabit renewed, resurrected bodies in a renewed, restored creation.
Read the Scripture: Read Revelation 21:1-4
Read the Devotion: Take time to read the devotional commentary in the book, website, or app.
Discuss the Following Questions:
- What excites you most about the promises of Revelation 21:1-4?
- What questions does this passage bring to mind about everlasting life?
- How can the promise of everlasting life change the way we live today?
- How can everlasting life bring us a new perspective?
- How can everlasting life give us power to face the challenges of life?
- How can we bring God’s Kingdom “on earth as it is in heaven”?
- Do you have the hope of everlasting life? Why did you answer the way you did?
- Is your hope and joy being shaped more by your present circumstances or your future promises?
Memorize: (Optional) As you conclude your time, take a minute to read the question and answer again. If you are seeking to memorize them, you may want to repeat this several more times. Take time each day this week to work on memorizing these important truths.
Pray: Take a few minutes to pray, thanking God for the hope that everlasting life brings.