Bay Area Church is looking for a Kids Ministry Assistant to join our team! The assistant will work closely with the Lead Kids Minister, Preschool Minister, Resource Coordinator, and KidMin volunteers. This is a vital member of our ministry staff team, working hard each day towards Bay Area Church’s vision of saturating the 4B Area with the gospel by restoring people, families, and churches.
This is a full-time, medical benefit-eligible opportunity. This individual will work for approximately 36 hours total per week, typically on a Sunday through Thursday schedule including Sunday mornings during church services and Wednesday evenings during Midweek, in order to meet ministry needs.
We are looking for an individual who is reliable, friendly, welcoming, organized, cooperative, trustworthy, and excellent at communicating. Also, someone who is willing to have FUN while working hard on the details!
Some flexibility in scheduling will be required around church and KidMin-specific event schedules, such as VBS in the summer, Easter, and Christmas holiday services. The weekday schedule will start by 8:30 am, when we have Church Staff prayer meetings. Church staff office hours are between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, so most of the meetings, planning, and collaborative work will be scheduled with the KidMin Assistant during these times.
- Acceptance of and agreement with the Bay Area Church statement of faith and standard of conduct
- A strong, clear Christian testimony
- A lifestyle that displays an ongoing personal relationship with God and a commitment to serve Him daily
- Be (or become) a committed and active member of Bay Area Church
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required; preference will be given to candidates who have completed some college coursework
- 2+ years of previous experience in an office environment preferred
Interested in learning more about this great opportunity? Check out the full job description linked below! Our required online application can be found here.