Bay Area Church and Bay Area Christian School are seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director of Operations (EDO.) The EDO will be responsible for oversight of the business, administrative and operational functions of the entire organization. This Executive Team position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher and at least five years of upper-level leadership on a church staff, non-profit organization or other business enterprise. Experience and skill in leading teams, managing multiple projects, and communicating effectively to all stakeholders is essential.
The successful candidate will be committed to the mission and values of Bay Area Church. Our mission is to saturate our geographical area (the 4B Area) with the gospel of Jesus Christ by restoring people, families, and churches. Our values are demonstrated with a lifestyle of Gospel restoration, Spirit and truth empowerment, Relentless love, Hands-on service, and Kingdom partnership.
Major responsibilities include:
- Strategic high-level planning and decision making in a collaborative effort as part of an Executive Team including the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor, and Head of School in cooperation with the church elders
- Timely communication with the Elders, other Executive Team members, School Board, and Stewardship Team
- Manage department heads working in the areas of facility operations, IT, human resources, finance, communications and maintenance, investing in the personal and professional development of direct reports
- Development and implementation of the vision, objectives and strategic plans of Bay Area Church including operational policies, fleet management, capital improvement projects, and effective use of resources
- Provide contingency planning and direct support in the event of campus emergencies
- Oversee all business matters of the church and the school
- Participate in the development of budgets and monitor compliance with budgetary guidelines
- The EDO is expected to become a committed and active member of Bay Area Church and a person pursuing life in Christ, Biblical community, and Biblical leadership in the home
Bay Area Church is located in League City, the largest city in Galveston County. The church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and Southern Baptist of Texas Convention. Bay Area Christian School and the Early Learning Academy are both ministries of the church. BACS is a kindergarten through grade 12 Christian academy, accredited by ACTABS.
Interested in learning more and submitting your resume for consideration? Please proceed to the Executive Director of Operations Application Portal.
Any inquiries regarding this position should be addressed directly to the EDO Search Committee at: email@example.com
The application submission period will close on July 6, 2022. Our team will contact all applicants shortly thereafter.