CDL-licensed bus drivers are needed to provide transportation for our school and church ministries on a part-time, as-needed basis. To operate the full list of vehicles in our fleet, drivers will need a Class B License with a Passenger Endorsement.
Scheduling is communicated in advance with drivers to ensure availability and coverage. Hours will vary and fluctuate based on event schedules throughout the year. Please include your shift availability for any combination of the following schedules in your application: weekday trips, afternoon/evening trips, weekend trips, and/or overnight trips.
Interested applicants must be willing to complete an employment application, criminal history and MVR background check, references, and provide current CDL information. Pay rate is $20 per hour for drive-time and $8 per hour for on-call/wait time.
Job Purpose: Bus Drivers will provide safe, orderly, and efficient transportation to and from school and church activities. Drivers will be issued a framework of standard policies and procedures that must be followed, ensuring the safety of passengers is maintained at all times before, during, and after operating the assigned vehicle. Bus Drivers will perform their duties and responsibilities in support of Bay Area Church’s vision to saturate the 4B Area with the gospel by restoring people, families, and churches.
- Acceptance of and agreement with the Bay Area Church statement of faith and standard of conduct
- A strong, clear Christian testimony
- A lifestyle that displays an ongoing personal relationship with God and a commitment to serve Him daily
- Valid Texas Commercial driver’s license (CDL) with passenger endorsement required
- Ability to maintain valid CDL certification according to state regulations
- Must be at least 21 years of age for consideration
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of safe driving practices required
- Clean driving record required: no at-fault traffic accidents or traffic citations within the last five years
- Willingness to submit to a detailed background check, MVR, and drug screening upon hire and throughout tenure of employment, as requested
Interested in learning more about this great opportunity? Check out the full job description linked below and apply online!