The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of both routine and emergency maintenance, repair, and custodial duties to provide a clean, orderly and safe campus environment for the church and school. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
The Maintenance department is part of Bay Area Church & Christian School’s Operations division, supporting a campus of 900+ students (Pre-K through 12th grade) and 250+ employees between the church, school, and preschool. The Maintenance Technician will perform his/her duties and responsibilities in support of Bay Area Church’s vision to saturate the 4B Area with the gospel by restoring people, families, and churches.
- Acceptance of and agreement with the Bay Area Church statement of faith and standard of conduct
- A strong, clear Christian testimony
- A lifestyle that displays an ongoing personal relationship with God and a commitment to serve Him daily
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous experience as a maintenance technician or other relevant position is preferred
- Technical degree or certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology, or other relevant field a plus
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Should possess knowledge of general maintenance and repair processes and methods (Technical Capacity)
- Should possess working knowledge and ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools, common appliances, and other devices
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and initiative
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to maintain emotional control at all times, especially under stressful circumstances
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
Interested in learning more about this great opportunity? Check out the full job description linked below!
Our required online application can be found here.