The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of both routine and emergency maintenance, repair, and custodial duties to provide a clean, orderly and safe campus environment for the church and school. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
A detailed job description is linked here for review. Qualified candidates are encouraged to complete the BAC online employment application on our new Paycom careers page for consideration.
The Maintenance department is part of Bay Area Church & Christian School’s Operations division, supporting a campus of 900+ students (Pre-K through 12th grade) and 250+ employees between the church, school, and preschool. The Maintenance Technician will perform his/her duties and responsibilities in support of Bay Area Church’s vision to saturate the 4B Area with the gospel by restoring people, families, and churches.
- Acceptance of and agreement with the Bay Area Church statement of faith and standard of conduct
- A strong, clear Christian testimony
- A lifestyle that displays an ongoing personal relationship with God and a commitment to serve Him daily
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous experience as a maintenance technician or other relevant position is preferred
- Technical degree or certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology, or other relevant field a plus
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Should possess knowledge of general maintenance and repair processes and methods (Technical Capacity)
- Should possess working knowledge and ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools, common appliances, and other devices
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and initiative
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to maintain emotional control at all times, especially under stressful circumstances
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
Interested in learning more about this great opportunity? Check out the full job description linked below!
Our required online application can be found here.